Chicken Liver Pâté
An absolutely divine and easy to make recipe for this old favourite!
- 2 Onions – chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic – chopped
- 250g Butter
- 400g Mushrooms ( chopped)
- 4-5 Rashers Bacon – diced
- 500g Chicken Livers (Trimmed & roughly chopped)
- 30ml Parsley & Thyme – chopped
- 1 Tot Brandy
- Sauté onions and garlic in half the butter until softened. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes.
- Heat the remaining butter and sauté bacon and livers for 5 minutes.
- Combine the two mixtures in one pan and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes. Add the herbs, Aromat and pepper to taste and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Blend the mixture until smooth and place in suitable size bowls and let the mixture cool overnight.
- Place the Patè in small containers and freeze until needed.